Here are just a few of the things that our Maintenance Department is doing to help make us a "green" campus!
- Hard surfaces throughout the building are steamed to disinfect, instead of using harsh chemicals.
- Pulper reduces footprint on items taken to the landfill.
- Horticulture vinegar controls weeds.
- Single-stream recycling is practiced throughout the District.
- Parking lot lights were changed from multi-vapor to LED.
- Gym lights were changed from multi-vapor to T5 high bay.
- All AHU fans were put on VFD (variable frequency drives).
- Parking lots were surfaced with GSB, an environmentally sensitive product that prolongs the life of the asphalt.
Awards and commendations:
- The Peoria County Board Recycling Recognition Award Winner - 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Schools of Illinois Public Cooperative (SIPC) Gold level of certification for our early adaptation to the "green" sustainable building mandates and guidelines - May 2015
- SIPC AWARD.pdf click to view SIPC Award