Welcome Back Students!!
BREAKING NEWS FOR JUNIORS
The state of Illinois has decided that all juniors will take the SAT in April.
ICC is now offering SAT prep classes. The cost is $108 and the first set of classes begins September 19th. See the attachment below for more information, dates, and how to register.
Start thinking about college applications!
There will be a FAFSA completion workshop (NEW THIS YEAR) in October, where you can come fill out your FAFSA at school and get any help you may need from our Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) representative.
Check out the senior checklist form below, this is a great resource to keep you on track throughout the year!
FCHS is offering the 2015 PSAT/NMSQT test on Wednesday, October 19, 2016. The cost is $15.
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a program cosponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). It's a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT. It also gives you a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs and gain access to college and career planning tools.
The PSAT/NMSQT measures critical reading skills, math problem-solving skills, and writing skills.
The most common reasons for taking the PSAT/NMSQT are to:
1. Receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study. You can then focus your preparation on those areas that could most benefit from additional study or
2. See how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to
3. Enter the competition for scholarships from NMSC (grade 11).
4. Help prepare for the SAT. You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and the exact
directions you will see on the SAT.
5. Receive information from colleges when you check "yes" to Student Search Service.
Priority will be given to juniors wanting to take this test. Please email Ms. Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. Money is due the day of the test.