FARMINGTON CENTRAL COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT #265
Dec. 9th, 2019
Farmington Central High School Research Center
310 N. Lightfoot Road - Farmington, IL. 61531
- The Levy Hearing was held prior to the start of the regular meeting at which time the levying of $8,416,609 across all funds was discussed. This was an increase of 4.33% which does not require a hearing, but the district’s practice is to always hold a levy hearing.
- FCJH “Be Nice” students were acknowledged. The school’s theme this year is “Be Nice”. The following students went above and beyond expectations: Navaeh Howard and Jackson Gilmore - 6th Grade; Izzy Lynn and Ben Marvel – 7th grade; and Dane Hitchcock and Abigail Strode – 8th Grade.
- FCHS recognized November Senior of the Month, Addie Parr. FCHS also has begun recognizing a student from each grade level on a month basis. Those recognized this month were: Lily Sharum (Junior class), Logan Archdale (Sophomore class), Abby Cash (Freshman class).
- The state qualifying FCJH boys cross country team was recognized.
- The FCHS marching band was recognized and a big thank you to Mr. Fred Herink for his work with the marching band as this was his last season prior to retirement.
- The Tax Levy was approved by board action
- The district will be purchasing three new buses for next year which will operate on propane.
- There was approval to allocate special education funds to purchase three 10 passenger vans for the primary purpose of special education transportation of students.
- The board approved building a storage shed for the baseball fields.
- The updated risk management plan was approved.
- The amendment to the solar contract which would extend the original lease agreement of 15 years with options for two 5 year extensions to a 20 year agreement with one 5 year extension was rejected.
- Discussion Items
- Committee Reports
- Mrs. Ryba presented on behalf of the FCES PTO and school with updates on the plan to build a new playground for the younger aged students. The building and grounds committee will be reviewing the proposal as well as the additional fencing needs.
- Labor Management Committee reported that they had met within the past week and had positive discussions.
- The positive climate committee met and started looking at dates for winter and spring events.
- Ms. Khloe Hitchcock, student board member, reported that the high school is in the midst of finishing their class fundraisers and had a winter pep assemble to kick off the winter seasons.
- Committee Reports
Personnel items approved:
Shanan Hofmann - FMLA
April Suter - Asst. Scholastic Bowl Coach
Evan Marion and Caden Lansford - Wrestling Volunteers
Kayla Walraven - Discretionary Leave
- The board approved a Memorandum of Understanding with the Farmington Support Staff and Teachers AFT Local #376 in regards to post contract ratification compensation schedule.
● We adjourned around 9:15 p.m.